The previous update to these pages was on November
preceded by an update on September 1, 1995 and
before that on August 9, 1994.
The first update was on June 19, 1994.
Here are some new and changed pages:
March 5, 1998
- A subtitle, "for Education and Entertainment", has been added
to the home page. This reflects the current orientation
of the project, and will be much more explicit on the next release of these
- the graphics model page has been rewritten
to better explain the adaptive rendering technology used in the project.
- the comparison page between Merlin Self
and Sun Self 4.0 has been changed to reflect a redesign of the primitives.
December 13, 1997
- The technologies page has been rewritten and
now includes the old page on uses of the Self language (which was eliminated)
- A page about the hardware design for Merlin
5 has been created, but doesn't have any links from the other pages
August 12, 1997
- The layout of the home page has been changed
and made a little more colorful.
- The tutorial has been expanded, though
it is just a preview of future releases
- Acknowledgements from the home page and history page have been moved
to their own page in order to provide enough
- The plans pages has been considerably changed,
with more of a marketing than technical emphasis
- Some of the future plans have also been detailed in the tinySelf
pages, which also has more information about current releases and new graphs
showing execution statistics
- A new page lists papers about Merlin (the
old one just had Jecel's papers, inlucding many not related to Merlin)
- The list of Merlin pages has been reorganized
- The introduction to Merlin has been totally
rewritten with the technologies part moved to a
see also: | new4 |
| faq |
| tutorial | | tiny |
please send comments to email@example.com
(Jecel Mattos de Assumpcao Jr)