Re: Scrollbar morphems?

> I too argued against accept/cancel.
> I think that an "accept" should happen after each keystroke.
> What you see should always be what is real.

I think this is only a good idea if three things are provided:

	- A cheap and simple way to create checkpoints, so that if you mess
up, you can get back to a state of your choosing.

	- Fine-grained forward and backward (undo) replay of everything you
did, step by step.

	- An implementation of incremental accept that adds no perceptible
delay to activities that don't otherwise have such delays.

In my opinion, if you don't have those things, it destroys the fearless and
effortless quality of investigation and evolution that computers should be
able to support.

						L. Peter Deutsch