[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Persistence and Transactions
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Persistence and Transactions
- From: keith@Uniteq.COM (Keith Hankin)
- Date: Thu, 27 Aug 92 11:48:22 PDT
- Resent-date: Fri, 28 Aug 92 8:12:26 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9208281512.AA01496@otis.Stanford.Edu>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
Are there plans for providing object persistence and transactions?
Snapshots are very limited in that the entire environment is saved.
In order to be able to provide applications that have saveable state,
are reliable, and that support multiple-user sharing of objects, persistence
and transaction management should be an integral part of the Self environment.