Does self allow recursion?

Greetings.

Before I start:
   I only read "The Self Papers" once. I never used the language.
   The answer may well be RTFM. You tell me.

Anyway, from what I gathered about the language, a method is in fact
an object. The slots of a "method object" act as local variables.  I
may have missed it, but I don't recall any discussion about "method
activations" or such.  If they don't exist, then I guess Self will
suffer the same problems as Fortran did, and disallow recursion.

Is this the case, or there is some hidden (at least to me) mechanism
which provides activation instances of methods?

Since this is the first time you hear of me, I provide you a
complete signature.

--------

Joaquim Manuel Soares Baptista

email:  px@fct.unl.pt  px@unl.uucp  px@fctunl.rccn.pt (old)
        if these fail, try to send it through mitvma.mit.edu

Fax & Sound: +351-1- 295 4461

Snail: CRIA - Uninova
       Fac. de Ciencias e Tecnologia
       Universidade Nova de Lisboa