Re: Hello, world!

On Wed, 1 Nov 1995, Michael.Huebner@prakinf.tu-ilmenau.de wrote:

>> I'll probably also make a proportional slider.
>
>There is already a sliderMorph in the Self world.

Well, I found it of rather bad design: Non-proportional, always
greatest-number at top, only vertical.

>What is missing is a scrollMorph, one that wraps another morph and shows
>only a part according to the position of the slider in the associated sliderMorph.
>I tried to do it but found that the assumption that no part of a morph should be hidden
>is 'built into' the design of the morph family.
>That's why you have to change a lot of general functionality (inherited from morph)
>to achieve a real scroller.

That's an interesting idea, too. But not what I'm aiming for right now.

>This was to much work for me at this time.
>If you like I can send you the module with my first try.

Could be interesting, yes.

>Michael

-Lars

--
Lars Clausen    Amiga, BSD, Linux, DOS & ZX in one box    elascurn@daimi.aau.dk
USENET: over 6000 examples of chaos theory  -P. Salus in '1/4 Century of UNIX'