[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: slot types
An attribut of a slot could be: "partOf" -slot.
When an object is copied all objects in partOf -slots
of this object are also copied.
A parent slot could be a partOf slot, too.
It seems to me that is starting to sound somewhat like dylan's slot
allocation attribute which supports the following options:
1. instance - each instance gets one
2. class - one for the specified class, subclasses share it.
3. each-subclass - class gets one as does each subclass (used by
4. constant - no setter method
Now these are defined in a "class" oriented environment but it does
seem reasonable to specify a "clone" allocation attribute that does
the right thing for simple cases. Of course, one can always
override the "clone" method to do whatever you want.
- slot types
- From: Michael.Huebner@PrakInf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Huebner)