[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: consistency again ( was: Notation for delegation in OMT or BOOCH )
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: consistency again ( was: Notation for delegation in OMT or BOOCH )
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Mulet Philippe 40448387)
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 10:01:11 +0200
- Cc: email@example.com
- Resent-date: Mon, 25 Jul 94 8:18:40 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9407251518.AA15756@otis.Stanford.EDU>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
When I introduced Moostrap to you, my purpose was not to say that
Self is not a reflective language.
In fact, it provides same kinds of reflective stuffs as Smalltalk,
which is structural reflection.
But in Self there is no protocol for controlling message passing properly,
i.e. as a metalevel operation (considering the panic/notPanic toggling).
In Moostrap, we can dynamically redefine the algorithms for message passing
for handling classes, before/after ... it is related to Clos-MOP and ABCL/R.