[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: garbage collection
- From: Ivan Moore <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 19 May 94 12:54:08 BST
- Resent-date: Thu, 19 May 94 9:35:30 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9405191635.AA13485@otis.Stanford.EDU>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
I've been writing some Self, and my image has been growing larger and larger.
Having transported virtually everything out, and filed it in to a fresh image
it appears that I have a huge amount of garbage in my old image.
To give you some figures - the fresh image with everything filed-in is about
7M, but the old image is about 11M.
How does something qualify for garbage collection? I had assumed that if it
couldn't be reached from the lobby it would be garbage collected.
Do you have any suggestions about what I might be doing to create uncollectable
garbage, how to avoid creating such stuff and how to get it collected?