graphical things

I am trying to learn Self, and to write some small programs to help in this aim.
One sort of program I would like to write is a simple game - maybe 'life' or
'robots' or something like that.
I have tried to look at what is available for doing graphical sort of things
but couldn't understand it (I have only used the simplest of stuff for
Smalltalk and other languages)
Is there a simple way to open a window and plot characters or pixels on it?
Also - how about user input?

If this isn't too easy to use in the current version, then I'll write a
different sort of program - but I just thought it would be fun to do something
simple that I could see working.

thanks in advance,

Ivan.