[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problems with XOpenDisplay
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Problems with XOpenDisplay
- From: R James Noble <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1993 11:28:30 +1200
- Resent-date: Wed, 25 Aug 93 8:55:33 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9308251555.AA27941@otis.Stanford.EDU>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
email@example.com (Michael Richardson) writes:
> I originally had problems with XOpenDisplay (and thus xlib display
> open:, and thus viewManager open:) not working immediately. It would
> usually work the second or third try.
> James Nobel's navel code tried 25 times before giving up.
Yes - I've had this problem for a while now (over a year, anyway), and
I just loop around display: open for a while. I think I sent
_something_ off to the bugs list when this first came out.
Urs Hoelzle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> In case there are any X hackers out there who really know what's
> going on, we'd certainly appreciate any suggestions for a real fix.
Um, no, and ever since I found the workaround I stopped worrying about
it :-) I guess the same applies at your end
I've had a look in the latest Xlib (which seems to be a lot bigger
than the last time I looked at it :-). The code seems to do five
retries on ECONNREFUSED within the connect call during XOpenDisplay,
but doesn't handle anything else in the connect, in particular EINTRs.