[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problems with XOpenDisplay
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Problems with XOpenDisplay
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Michael Richardson)
- Date: Sun, 22 Aug 93 15:16:40 EDT
- Resent-date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 8:50:39 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9308231550.AA26166@otis.Stanford.EDU>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
I originally had problems with XOpenDisplay (and thus xlib display open:, and thus
viewManager open:) not working immediately. It would usually work the second or third try.
James Nobel's navel code tried 25 times before giving up.
I have since moved from being on the immediate subnet of the SparcStation I was running on,
to being somewhat more remote... across campus. The good news is that I have my own NCD X
terminal, and a portion of a little used Sparc II to play, the bad news is that I can no
longer get XOpenDisplay to work.
I'm wondering if the reasons behind the original problem had to do with some kind
of non-blocking that was done to the socket?
(for those curious about why I've moved, finger this account, or try: http://spiff.carleton.ca:8001/)