[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: porting to NeXT?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: RE: porting to NeXT?
- From: MCR@physics.carleton.ca (MICHAEL RICHARDSON)
- Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1993 23:57:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Resent-date: Fri, 30 Apr 93 9:35:10 PDT
- Resent-from: Urs Hoelzle <urs@otis>
- Resent-message-id: <9304301635.AA03611@otis.Stanford.EDU>
- Resent-to: real-self-interest
>Hi. I'm new to this mailing list and to Self.
>Assuming I wanted to take on the task of porting Self to the NeXT,
>can anyone give me some pointers to how big a job it would be, where
>to start, etc?
Someone at Carleton is teasing me (no, daring me) to port Self to Mach386.
(Alas, this is version 2.5 rather than 3.0+bnr2ss or bsd4ss)
I'd suggest starting from the sun3 sources since.
When I get a chance to take a look at the sources and see how SunOS specific
they are, I might be able to offer advice on running under Mach.
> Dan Nichols