Information modeling with 'self'

A question to you SELF conscious people:

For my PhD thesis I am currently investigating into information
modeling techniques for CAD systems. The state of the art seems to
be the EXPRESS language defined within the ISO STEP programme. I
have the impression that a prototype based language would be
particularly better suited to actually build a working CAD database
around it.

I am looking for information modeling work done with
prototype based languages. My special concern are versioning
concepts, complex objects, inheritance on the object (i.e. instance)
layer, and persistency models.

Any hints and pointers are gratefully appreciated.

--
Olav Schettler

FIT
Institut for System Engineering (SET)
P.O. Box 1316                            phone: +49 (2241) 14-2291
Schloss Birlinghoven                     fax:   +49 (2241) 14-2342
W-5205 Sankt Augustin 1                  email: olav@gmdzi.gmd.de