Re: Mail-Address-Move + 3 Questions

> From owner-self@self.stanford.edu Thu Nov 14 10:36:40 1991
> Date: Thu, 14 Nov 91 19:36:34 +0100
> To: self-interest@self.stanford.edu
> Subject: Mail-Address-Move + 3 Questions
>

> My mail-address will soon be moving from
>
>  erwin@suncvt12.verfahrenstechnik.uni-stuttgart.de

>  erwin@cvt12.verfahrenstechnik.uni-stuttgart.de
>

> I don't have any influence on when this will be exactly,
> but please include my new address into your list as well.
>

> By the way: I have the understanding that the people who
> worked on Self are now hired by Sun (Luckily I'm sitting
> at a Sun-Workstation...). What does this mean for me:
>
> 1) Self will soon be not available free of charge
>    (like it is now) ?
> 2) Self will be distributed by Sun ?
> 3) Self will be ported to other platforms ?
>
> Please give us some insight. Thanks.
>
>  - erwin

1) The next release of Self will be free and will include source code
and the right to redistribute it (Stanford willing).

2) We plan to keep on doing new releases from Sun.
Sun really does understand that this thing needs to be widely available.

3) We hope to either help others port, or do a port ourselves.
Things are pretty hazy here.

Hope this helps

Dave