Upcoming Self release

Randall.Smith@Eng.Sun.COM (Randy Smith) writes (on October 17):

> As many of you know, the Self group ...
> is planning a new release of the system.

It may help you to know that there are, indeed, people awaiting the new
release.  I have been working with Self 1.1 for about 4 weeks, now, mainly
extending some of the x-windows stuff contributed by James Noble.  I'm
discouraged from doing anything more right now in light of the upcoming
release.  So I'm on hold now, awaiting the new release.

> hope it will be ready in a couple of months.

Is December 17 still a possibility?

David Morley
Rockwell International Science Center
Box 1085