inner methods

I can't see what is the purpose of inner methods. For example, in :

  _AddSlotsIfAbsent: ( | imTests = () | ).

  imTests _Define: ( |
        test1: a And: b = ( a * b * b ).
        test2: a And: b = ( ( a * b ) * b ).
  | ).

Both test1 and test2 do exactly the same thing, but test2's structure
at the bytecode level is more complex. If fact, for inner methods with
no local slots, I believe you can always "inline" the inner method's
bytecodes.

Since inner methods with local slots are rare ( I think ), do we
really need them ?

- Jecel