Self advantage

I just thought I'd point out (since I don't remember seeing it
anywhere) that Self's syntax makes it very easy to use in an
interactive setting.  The fact that you can just define slots in lobby
(or its delegates) and use them as 'commands' makes it roughly as easy
to interact with as a shell -- the syntax is a little more verbose
than a shell's ("copy: 'a' To: 'b'" instead of "cp a b"), but its
functional nature makes it easier to deal with, so maybe those
tradeoffs cancel...

Once Self runs on my NeXT, I'm gonna experiment with making a command
shell, to see if I like it better than csh...

	-- Bill
	burdick@mentor.cc.purdue.edu