Re: Virtual timer expired

When we use Self, we usually start up gnuemacs first, and run Self in a *shell*
subwindow.  I don't know anything about the virtual timer problem, but I'll
try to look into it.

To build a browser from within Self, we've provided a _CBreak: primitive to
read the keyboard from within Self and an _Eval primitive to evaluate Self
expressions.  You should be able to get around the current problems with
_Eval'ing or directly executing programming primitives by defining a
postProgrammingAction slot in the root to be executed after a programming
primitive.  This action could restart your user interface/browser from state
saved before the programming primitive was executed.  Crude, I know, but at
least it should be possible to build an environment.

-- Craig Chambers